Saturday, November 03, 2007

okay new tactic

Maybe nobody else had this problem, but apparently if you chose to open a G Mail account when Blogger changed it's preferences back in July ? and Blogger asked you to open a G Mail account ( I don't think it was stated as mandatory ) it's not then the email address you put in the box on the sign in page.

I think I am finding this to be true consistently, but I'll have to do it more than once to be sure. The ID I originally used to sign is still the sign-in ID in the ID box.

the password is now the password to the G Mail account.

So, am I crazy ? Am I alone in this difficulty ?

I used my original sign-in ID and password. Bogger then added @ juno.com ( I didn't do that ) and then rejected my original password, but instead of saying the password was wrong they said the email addy didn't exist.

I put the G Mail addy in the ID box, and it again said the same thing, no email exists in that name ( both addresses work for me as email addresses )

I erased the ID box, typed in my old ID, typed in my most recent change of password for my G Mail address, and Blogger then let me on. I am sure it's my old brain that has something wrong with it, but if anyone else is having trouble, maybe we can get to the bottom of this. ( in case someone is suffering in silence)

5 comments:

Claudia said...

I just typed my sonoransewing email address and my gmail password and got right in.

Claudia

K from WA said...

I went through and made sure everyone can be authors. So I don't think there should be any problems.

Shirley Hendry Walsh said...

it did work for me again today using the same new procedure. It should be okay now. Now I can yak ! Going to Wyoming next week, will see Alicia on the way.

K from WA said...

Why Wyoming? Take photos of Alicia's we want to see what the heck is going on there.

Shirley Hendry Walsh said...

Brother Bobby lives in Cheyenne.

Alicia will get me from the airport Sunday night.