Friday, September 22, 2006

new picture series to come

will be on the picture trail, not yet begun.

I have a request from an importer of Thai silk to make a slipcover from her own goods. It is heavy silk, non irridescent and perfect for fusing to a stabilizer. This is a prelude to her marketting her silks as home decor and recommending me to do that.

She is willing to allow me plenty of scrap in the same type goods to experiment with fusable products out there and I will review them one by one.

The challenge is to make more secure the few stressed seams that wouldn't hold up to use without taking away from the appearance of the silk.

I am happy to have a non irridescent to do this with, so that my lack of skill in applying this fusable does not make for a hopeless cause. I might add, a lack of patience and considerable fear as well. I have not fused well or patiently in the past.

I pick up the chair tomorrow, so then I will see what's the ingredients, and will start the picture stream at http://www.picturetrail.com/slipcoverlady.

2 comments:

Shirley Hendry Walsh said...

it isn't letting me on, there's a blogger boogger going on...they are frequent.

Karen said...

I had trouble the other day....