Monday, July 31, 2006

PictureTrail issue - check your account!

I don't have a PictureTrail account, but I know many people here do. This was just posted by Susan Kostelecky, owner of SK Designs, at CHF. If you didn't read it there, here it is:

I just checked my picturetrail account and noticed that on the home page Picturetrail has added a heading at the top near your avatar that says "Visit my home Page". When you visit it, it lists several categories "My friends", etc. and they have added "Michael" to the friends page, and he is listed as an employee for Picturetrail and can answer your issues. However, when you click on Michael, it lists HIS friends and some are links to Myspace.com etc. I think it looks very unprofessional and wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you want to delete "Michael" from your page (I did). It appears they did this in the past week, and I was reveling in the wonderful WT 104 class at the school, so just noticed it today.

Just wanted to pass it on so you could change it if you would like.


I checked a few accounts of people I know and... yes, "Michael" is there.

4 comments:

K from WA said...

Yes, I was updating the Slipcover Network page with those who had picturetrail and when I looked at Shirley's and Tessy's Michael was there. I don't want Michael on my account either...

He has nothing to do with slipcovers :(

Thanks Dede

By the way if anyone has picturetrail we have a great camera we put on your listing so folks can click it on and go to your picture trail site....

Shirley Hendry Walsh said...

I am a dummy, who is Michael and how do we use your camera ?

Dede in Mass said...

Gee, Shrley... didn't you know? He's your bestest buddy!

It's some kind of marketing ploy, I think. Really tacky, and he CAN be removed (Agnes did it, and apparently it's not difficult).

K from WA said...

I wrote to the company and complained.

They sent me back a reply right away.

Yes, Michael can be removed...

:)